B&B De Nachtdijk is housed in a municipal monument, a building which has been used for generations for agricultural purposes and now has a new sustainable function.
It is our mission to make the B&B as sustainable as possible in an innovative way. To achieve this we do many things:
- The hot water in the shower as well as the heating of the rooms are derived from the sun.
- Electricity is also sourced from the sun. During the day we supply the grid which we use in the night.
- Toilets flush with greywater
- The building is optimally isolated
- In the renovation of the building many old building materials were reused, including broken debris, isolation panels from the old stable and wooden planks.
- We clean using eco-friendly cleaning products
- Breakfast mainly consists of regional products and from own produce
- We reduce the amount of packaging materials
- We do laundry efficiently and both the washers and the dryer have an A+++ certification
- Lighting is nearly completely LED
Because of all these measures, B&B De Nachtdijk is proud have earned the Green Key certification, the international eco-label of the hospitality sector!